Samsung UN65F7100 65-Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV Revie

  • 1080p HDTV with Micro Dimming
  • 240Hz Refresh Rate
  • Smart TV with Voice Control: Interact with streaming content and the web

I researched this TV by looking at all the online reviews for the model ES7100, ES8000 & F8000 Samsung models. I went to Best Buy and watched the F7100 on live TV (baseball game). Reading that the gesture and voice commands caused issues, auto-dimming and higher 720 motion ratings many not make that much difference in overall performance – except in price (up to $400), I took the F7100 into consideration. There is a Quad vs. Dual processor down grade with the F7100. I leaned more towards the F7100 because of price vs. features, 3rd model down from the top. I actually enjoy messing with picture settings and making the picture perfect. I ordered online and purchased a 3 year warranty at a very good price. I was nervous about reading the one star reviews but I am also coming from a 10 year old Samsung 46″ DLP TV that has worked flawlessly the whole time. I thought I would take the plunge and glad I did. I wanted an LED TV vs. a Plasma, but in the store they both looked great.

I’ve had this UN55F7100 Samsung model for about a week now. I would rate it between 4 to 5 stars and here’s why.
After a few hours of playing with the picture settings and advanced settings, using a Time Warner cable box with HDMI connection, the picture is spectacular for 95% of the HD content. The other 5% is due to the “soap opera” effect or some minor juddering but not enough to sway me. Sometimes it almost seems “too clear” (I guess that why it is called soap opera). I read in one of the reviews to turn off the “Digital Noise” setting and custom reduce the juddering in the advance settings. That seems to work.

Samsung un f inch p hz d ultra slim smart led hdtv revie1 Samsung UN65F7100 65 Inch 1080p 240Hz 3D Ultra Slim Smart LED HDTV Revie